PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HRH Flt Lt Wales
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2011, 11:52
Aussie_Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HRH in full flying gear climbing out of a chopper having just flown some sick kiddie from the outback cut off by floods to a Cairns hospital - bloody magic.
Sure, it would be "magic", bit it isn't going to happen ! And, it's clear most thinking people understand the reasons why.

Whether you love or loathe the Monarchy; one cannot escape from the fact that both William and Harry are contributing to their Nation ... either in their respective categories as committed members of the U.K. Defence Forces, or in their Official capacity. I guess, just as Prince Andrew did before them.

Typically in Australia, the 'tall poppy' syndrome always seems to raise its ugly head during civic visits such as this. HRH Prince William of Wales will be a welcome arrival for many. Those who oppose his visit, can simply stay away and do what ever it is they have to do !? ... which is usually to whinge and bleat !
If his visit provides comfort and support to members of a devastated community, then his function has been a success.

I was involved directly in certain aspects of the Princess' previous visit. From this, I can evidence that he (and his entourage) were well received and only glowing comments emanated from those he touched ! Even crews tasked with his transport requirements were left feeling moved and inspired by this young man. He has a unique ability of making people feel at ease and yet, motivated by his presence.

Attempts made by Gillard, K.Rudd and their circus of cronies during the floods crisis - left no doubt how insincere and incompetent these useless parasites of the highest public office really are.

I'll support HRH and this proposed visit, long before I'd even cast a passing glance at Rudd, Gillard or Brown !