PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Mar 2011, 09:27
123breath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://easa.europa.eu/rulemaking/doc...%202010-14.pdf

This link should take you to the full EASA proposal document. It makes for heavy reading, but if you page down to paragraph 108 you will find the important bits.

The union to which I pay my membership fees have filtered the important bits out, kept union members fully-informed, launched a campaign to counter the proposals, and even held a presentation in the Houses of Parliament in order to raise awareness amongst MP's about the dangers of these proposals, which was extremely successful. BALPA have done and are doing their bit to protect everyone in the aviation industry (not just pilots) from these proposed changes. Time is running out. The consultation period finishes on 20th March.

Strength is in numbers, and cabin crew have pilots at a disadvantage in that measure.

Can someone who is still a BASSA member please confirm that BASSA have their eyes on the ball as far as these changes are concerned. What action has been taken by BASSA? If nothing has been done, or if, as I fear, BASSA are not even aware of the implications of the EASA proposals, then why not?

Before the mods accuse me of straying off-thread.......this is very much relevant to cabin crew industrial relations. The battles that lie ahead with BA will be very much worse than anything we have seen so far if the regulations are changed, and will have far more impact on our working lives, both cabin crew and flight crew.

Worst of all, safety is at stake, which I'm sure we're all concerned about.

I would urge all cabin crew to ask for a peek at the sample roster BALPA have sent all it's members. It is very worrying, and could be very real in a few years time. It makes any Mixed Fleet roster look like a picnic.

Come on cabin crew, wake up, and make your union earn their membership fees!!!!

Last edited by 123breath; 11th Mar 2011 at 13:14. Reason: Incorrect month