PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 11:50
spacemantan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Aussie_Aviator

All due respect, but I believe nato.wp is showing some form of Initiative by asking the question on here. Surely he isn't a local from Tamworth and isn't aware of its Climate this time of year. I think its a fair question and it shows he's obviously thought about it and hasn't been able to come up with an answer. RE Tarakan and Labuan... I believe the RAAF issue you with thermals, so if it is your choice to wear them whilst digging pits in the middle of the night then so be it.

@ nato.wp, raiderboy etc etc

Tamworth can be hot this time of year however it is beginning to cool down somewhat (weather gods will make a liar of me however). So ultimately I suggest a mix of clothing but leaning more towards the summer style. With that in mind, arrive in Tamworth wearing neat casual attire (collared shirt and slacks), and you won't find yourself over or under dressed. Whilst on FSP, I suggest you wear nothing less than collar and tie (suit would go well here).

With respect to gloves and thermals etc etc... Not necessary unless they are stipulated in any instructions you recieve. If you havn't recieved any don't hesitate to contact the staff there and ask for a copy (if they still exist) or get them to answer your questions. Either way I don't think you'll find it too cold in the aircraft and the flying suits provided should be sufficient. I also don't recall doing the IFT there (was done back with DFR) but in terms of fitness opportunities... Theres always a couple of laps to the civilian terminal, and/or pushups/situps in your room. If you are at a reasonable level of fitness now then 2 weeks of limited exercise will not hurt you. If not... get cracking because if you're expected to pass the IFT there... It will be hard.

Most importantly of all, good luck and enjoy the course.