PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities on using a camera during take off and landing
Old 6th Mar 2011, 10:29
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So because of their inadequacies Joe Public is prevented from going about their law abiding business? Isn't that effectively surrendering our basic freedoms to the terrorists? I guess they're winning the war then!

I have no problems with an i/d check, but I do become agitated if some ignorant job's worth tries to move me on when I'm on public property engaged in a legal activity.
I have tried to answer this thread civilly, but I am finding it ever more difficult. If you only knew it, you have far more "freedom" to engage in this highly intrusive and invasive hobby in the UK than almost anywhere else on the planet...........indeed, there are places quite close to home where photography at an airport could see you shot dead!

For your information, Airports, Railway Stations, Bus Stations and land owned by the Crown Estates or various Civil Service Ministries is not designated public land.

Certainly, at Heathrow Airport we have a duty to ensure that our celebrity guests can enjoy a bit of privacy without their every movement appearing in the next day's "Hate Mail" or "Sleazerag Sun"