PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now Lion Air wants to make money out of jobless pilots from India
Old 4th Mar 2011, 06:45
vdaff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now Lion Air wants to make money out of jobless pilots from India

Just found this on face..book!

LionAIr Indian pilot programme 2011

What is the required experience to apply to the program?
Valid C.P.L
Multi engine instrument rating
F.R.T.O.L
R.T.R
Current Class one medical
Passport with minimum one year validity.
Willing to relocate outside India.

What is the maximum age for applicants?
First Officer 35 years old

After Type Rating which company I would be employed for?
Lion Air. Asia’s fastest growing Airlines. It has highest number of Boeing 737-900ER in world.

Will Lion Air guarantee a job?
Pilot passing the Lion Standard, are assured to be hired.

What are Lion Air standards?
Lion Air Standard mentioned is passing Simulator check and Passing Class 1 medical upon reaching Jakarta, Indonesia.

Once selected from when can I expect salary?
After being evaluated by company check airman on simulator and passing Class 1 Medicals in Indonesia , Crew member would be paid a Monthly Salary.

What salary can I expect after getting successfully evaluated?
After getting evaluated successfully you would be entitled with a monthly salary of 2000; Two Thousand U.S Dollars

What kind of contract do I get (permanent/temporary)?
First employment contract for 36 months. Thereafter, the contract will be renewed on mutual agreement.

How can I obtain an Indonesian work permit? How long it takes?
The Company, Lion Air will act as sponsor for your employment and residence in Indonesia including spouse and children. Usually it takes 2-3 weeks during which you would be completing your necessary ground training

Accommodation
Company will provide accommodation, either at base Jakarta or at outstation

Transportation
Company will provide transportation for Flight Duties; Simulator and all other ground training.

Uniforms
Company will provide crew uniform

Travel
Air transportation on Lion Air network at the beginning and end of contract. Closest to India would be Singapore to Jakarta. In this case crew member is responsible of arranging Visa to Singapore.

Will I get a chance to upgrade as captain?
Opportunity to upgrade as a captain would be given upon meeting company requirements and standards.

What all routes will I be flying as pilot in Lion Air?
You would get a chance to fly all over Indonesia. Also international flights into some of the world’s busiest airports like Singapore and Vietnam giving lifetime exposure

Personal travel
Company will provide 2 (Two) FOC ticket per year to each crew member valid for Lion flights

What is notice period for Resignation?
Resignation on 180 days notice

What bases are available? Will I get my preferred base?
Currently in Jakarta; Indonesia only.

How does the roster look like?
Bi-weekly basis, follow CASR (Civil Aviation Safety Regulation)

Number of flying hours per month/year?
Average 100 hrs per month, max 1050 hrs/year

How many annual leaves will I get?
28 Annual leaves. You will be entitled for 14 days after 180 days of completion of service.

How many paid sick leaves I would get?
5 sick leaves per year.

What is the course price and duration?

The B737NG type rating course is mainly delivered at TRTO designated by Lion Air. It will be 4 weeks course. Cost of the program is INR 25, 00,000 (TWENTY FIVE LACS).Training price includes accommodation and return tickets for type rating and simulator assessment with Airline.

What is the penalty of early termination of contract?
Any termination at the initiative or caused by the behavior of the pilot will lead to a penalty of 100,000 USD.

To whom I would be giving my course fees? Who will take care of all documentation?
Interested pilot would have to deposit course fee to MSD Aviation in the following phases :-
1. 5 Lacs on being selected for the course in order to sign the contract
2. 10 Lacs before going for type rating course
3. 10 lacs after getting endorsement on License.

We pay 30 lacs for our pilot training then 25 lacs more for this Lion air type rating just to earn 80k per month. The lucky ones in India are earning over 2 lacs for the same airplane and got the job with only a CPL.....