PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 10:41
spacemantan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats guys on getting as far as you have with your respective applications. Whether you be starting Officer training soon or going across to Tamworth to attend flight screening, all the best.

Aloys1us:

I believe, and if an army pilot can correct me if I'm wrong, That Chook conversion is held at 5 AVN Regiment in Townsville. I'm not entirely 100% certain if it is a second tour posting, but if it were the case it would not surprise me as it is a different type of flying. Whereas blackhawks, MRH90s, Kiowas and the ARH's all apply the exact same principles of lift and flight found generic for all helicopters, The chinook would have its own, albeit similar, flying characteristics and principles. At least is my understanding of it anyways. I havn't met too many Chook pilots in my time apart from two crusty Colonels (no names).

Don't let that put you off, Although flying a chinook would have some prestige, The Blackhawk pilots I have met, claim they can't imagine anything more fun than what they do. As for the ARH... Next to being a fighter pilot or a digger on the ground, where else are you gonna blow %*#@ up?
VTIC