PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2011, 17:05
maxed-out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insanity vs logic

Hello everybody

I don't post much on PPRUNE but being another cpl/ir/mcc holder and actively searching for any paid flying job out there, these pages on ATP have made interesting reading. I simply want to get a better insight from the guys swimming in this never ending abyss of a holding pool.

If G-ADAM is correct when he says that the AQC is 8400 pounds plus assessment fee plus 10 k for the type rating (excl food and acc) are we not getting ever closer to the 22k for an A320 type rating (incl base training) anyway? At least you have the TR and are not sitting in a pool where you have to wait for that call/slot for years to come.. if ever. CTC may decide to charge 11k next year or even 12k for the type rating. If you decide you've had enough after years of waiting in the ATP hold pool and want to do a self sponsored type rating somewhere else (airbus/boeing/atr/beech99 or whatever) you will then have spent close to 9k for an AQC incl assesment fee/food/accom and renewed your multi-ir at least twice (3k) for absolute nothing.

Is it just me or do others have the same trail of thought? Absolutely insane considering they tell you to your face that cadets have priority.

Am I missing something here?
(Edited this part of post. Too old for CTC anyway..)