PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with Norwich based flight schools
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 21:31
Waryhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ricky

If it helps, I've been a member of Premier Flight Training for about 6 years, up until the end of 2010 where lack of money has ceased my flying for a while. I've never visited Anglian Air Centre, or Norwich School of Flying so wouldn't wish to comment.

Anyway, Premier.....PPl training carried out on PA28's, which are good in terms of equipment/standard, they also have a Robin 2160 if interested in a two seater aerobatic aircraft post ppl. Pictures can be seen on their website.

Their premises has recently moved to the old Flybe premises which is accesed via Fifers Lane, as opposed to the main airport building. It is bigger and improved, the only downside is that the aircraft aren't so close, and you have to go through security (photo ID required) to get there, although this may be normal practice at other airports.

Instructors...
CFI is ex Training Captain from KLM uk
Another instructor is ex Dan-Air B707 pilot with tens of thousand of hours.
A relatively new instructor has come from finishing a full time ATPL course at Oxford, despite admittingly thinking how young he was to be an instructor, I've only flown with him once but I was impressed at his professionalism.
The examiner used to work at Premier but he now works at Norwich with flying executive aircraft.
The aerobatics instructor is an Eastern Airways pilot.

Good people, nice aircraft, useful online booking system, no complaints.

I've enjoyed flying out of Norwich, although can get depressing if you have to wait a while for commercial traffic, but as a learner I got myself stuck in bad weather ATC always helpful. If you visit Premier, definitely ask about landing fees, they're not cheap at Norwich anymore, but they do a good deal if you practice circuits.

go visit, see what you think.

As for ATPL schools, when I started searching for those nearest Norwich, Cranfield and Stapleford appeared to be closest. I made enquiries with Bonus Aviation (didn't visit), and Stapleford Flight Centre. Stapleford had my vote as soon as I saw their sim, and had a look at their DA40.

Happy flying.