PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My first aircraft - the ferrying of my old Aero Commander twin back to California.
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 03:26
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, her oil consumption turned out to be 3/4 of a quart per hour subsequently, so not quite a full quart like for the first leg. Still way too much, of course. Investigation continues. Actually, I haven't heard from Morris, which means he hasn't had time to get her into the shop yet, so I don't know the cause of the oil consumption yet.

Most of the early Commanders didn't have anti-ice. There's a guy called John Towner who owns - I'm not kidding - over 30 of them that he uses in his night freight operation. He's got his own STC for a weeping wing a la TKS that you can retrofit to the 500's. Don't think it covers the 520 and the 560, but I could be wrong. The wing is pretty much identical. Some of the 560 and many of the 500's we're offered with factory boots, but as far as I know the 520 was never. I'd would be nice to have, but for the kind of flying I'll be doing it's not really necessary.

Aircraft will be based at Santa Monica airport.

N5926S - yes, it was the 15th! Whipping winds.

Yes, that was snow outside the hangar.

Last edited by AdamFrisch; 22nd Feb 2011 at 03:37.