PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 21st Feb 2011, 22:51
saviboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow! only 24 DEC in the last 3 months!? that is just awesome!
and no more this year?!..what a let down!
... again MEF, if you dont have a problem with that, good for you. Since you seem to think they don t delay your command.
and we would have Two more layovers?!! WITH THE CABIN CREW??!! that s unbelievable!! what a privilege!!

Why do people bitch here? some need to vent. some feel like they need to share some valuable info with the rest of the pilot community.
regarding your comment about people bitching and doing nothing about it, it clearly shows your level of immaturity. It s not that easy to find other opportunities. believe me I m working on it and so are many other guys I fly with. but not everybody is able nor wants to go to a much lower paying job.
so yes EY stinks beyond belief but it still gives me a great salary. some of us left a very comfortable position to come to this airline. So it s not that easy to jump on the first crappy job just because it will bring you back home.
I m exploring many possibilities but couldn t go back to my previous company with the seniority I had. Because unlike EY, this airline has proper ethics and wouldnt hire me over more senior pilots.

A few guys (mostly 320 fo's what a surprise) managed to slip through the cracks and get hired to EK. When EY realized that they were facing a massive exodus, they created a rule stating that we have to stay 24 months before switching to EK. a proper company in a country with a proper legal system could/ would have never done that. If EY wants to retain their employees they should treat them well and they ll stay.
So dont tell me we don t have guts. some of us here might just be bitching on pprune but others are trying. and EY is trying harder to enslave us.
It s not a question of if but when will I be leaving.

I wouldn t recommend this job to my worst enemy. you seem to be content. potential candidates should be able to hear everybody's opinion. Which I will galdly respect if you dont imply I have no guts.