PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 20th Feb 2011, 16:56
mideastflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEC

Hi all,

So many of you seem so angry and yet your facts are not correct. I know this is the rumor network but you guys are either so gullible or just like making more rumors.
The number of DEC that were brought in were 24 in the last three months.I flew with the guy from recruitment and he said these were the first DECs in over 2 years. He also said no plans are there for any more for this year and the reason i know is i have a mate who is a captain and i asked what his chances are and he told me sorry no more DECs this year on any fleet. As for the 4 upgrades per month you are either not in the company or again like to spread rumors, in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan there were 8 upgrades per month and as i am a FO i do follow and ask. There are also another 4 this month on my dear 320 fleet plus another 4 on B777. so your rumor of only 4 per month are wrong, plus when the DECs were announced by company emial the upgrades increased from the planned 4 to 8?
I agree that senior management has lots to account for and work on but show me one company were management are a line pilots best friend so dont kid yourself. The rosters have improved with less night flights and more layovers but the requests CRS are still on luck i would say as i have only got my request in Dec and nothing else.
We are all pilots and know the market is opening up so as i have mentioned in other posts if i get so unhappy as you guys then i would leave but why complain and do nothing about it. Either have the guts to leave or accept that is the way in nearly every airline.
I leave you with the latest rumor i heard which is two more layovers on the 320 including cabin crew and the possibility of 2 more B777 to come at the end of the year.

Safe flying