PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Termination of formal CRM training
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2011, 14:12
galleypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting discussion

I was just about to open a thread until I've found this one.

It's quite clear that the CRM issue is not as hot as it used to be, at least in the western hemisphere. Lessons have been learned as one said and it is expected that a pilot has CRM skills. On the other hand it has to be said that many pilots still have not adopted it. Some of them should probably not even work on a flightdeck.

On another note I'd like to add that there is still a lot of room for improvement in the bizjet and other parts of the world. Problem there is that operators are often not giving training the same attention as airlines do, hence we have lower standards in those areas.

Within the last ten years very little new stuff has been published about CRM, a clear indicator that it's no longer top priority...But what makes me angry is that a lot of useful stuff about CRM is not accessible (movies for instance) or only at horrendous costs. There are still a lot of new guys out there who would like to learn and improve...

CRM is pretty much a 'closed project' in US/EU and Oz, but not elsewhere.
I wonder how the rest of world is dealing with the issue. Perhaps by studying 20-30 year old publications?

theficklefinger is not far off -
'Captain we are going to hit the mountain!' 'Shut up' To this - 'Hey where are we?' 'I don't know either.'