PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 18th Feb 2011, 23:37
saviboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outofsynch, you ve been here long enough to know how bad the rosters were and can get at ey. complete disregard for safety and any sort of social life is the name of the game in this company.
you are the living proof that people have different levels of tolerance for the kinds of rosters Etihad made us fly. It s entirely up to you if you want to accept them. personally, like many of my colleagues, I will not accept to be treated that way. And like many of my colleagues, I will be taking the first good opportunity that will allow me to get out of this company.

regarding what you say about DEC's, and DEFO's not impacting our time to upgrade, could you please share with me how that is not the case.
An Ey pilot from management explained the following to me: for one internal upgrade to DEC, the company has to train two pilots:
the first officer being upgraded, and a new hire FO to replace the newly promoted captain.

With a DEC you only have to train one guy since no resource is taken from the right seat. doesn t that prove the point that upgrade time is delayed?

additionally you mentioned that "They are trying to upgrade as many as possible, but any training system does have its limits"
that s true, except any company capable of a minimum amount of planning will out source their training. not a novel idea at all. ek does it. they send their new hires to toulouse. even ey does it in bahrein. why can t they do it to train their own captains and instructors from within?

you are allowed your own opinion but i find it devastating when a pilot accepts that and even find excuses when his company delays his own career progression.

lastly, nobody should have to say they have to go "down" to the 320 or "up" to the 330. it s just a damn airplane. best rosters I ever had and probably will ever have in my career were when I was flying a 319. if you are not comfortable flying a small airplane you have self esteem issues.