PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 18:36
G-ADAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wings pool down from 160 to 60 now and slowly shrinking. Also attached to the email list of current atp pool with 37 names in seniority order.
Can anyone else confirm these are the numbers of 'swimmers' currently in the pools? CTC make a huge point (in virtually every email) of saying that currently they have no demand from their partner airlines that can't be met by just using their cadets. I would assume that they anticipate needing to use at least some ATP'ers in the near future otherwise surely the doors would be closed, as was the case a couple of years ago.

As I understand it, there are CTC Wings courses running every 7 weeks with approximately 14 cadets on each which is just over 100 per year. Add to that the 100 ish guys and girls in the pool(s) and that's 200 pilots needing airline placement this year. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly how many EZ have asked for, not to mention the other partner airlines, but if what CTC claims is anywhere near true with regard to demand, surely most people should be being placed this year or soon after?

If anyone can shed any light on this, it would be much appreciated!