PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Val d'Anniviers Airplane Crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 19:42
QDMQDMQDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Zermatt and very variable winds today up high. Just before the time of this crash we changed mountains due to the high winds. Lots of orographic cloud blowing over the Theodulpass and up the Matterhorn due to a strong Southerly.

I know the area around this heli crash site extremely well and it would be very susceptible to a strong Southerly or Westerly, but whether that is relevant in this case obviously one doesn't know.

What a shame --today is the first new powder since before Xmas and so there would have been a lot of expectations (and pressure?).

such as low power Cessna Bird Dogs messing around with rising terrain and high density altitude
Englishal and IO540 I really think you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill here with almost nothing to justify it. I don't quite see the point.

And for the record a Cessna Bird Dog is anything but low powered, but unless you're in an F16 then the degree of power in your aircraft is not going to make any difference in this kind of situation.