PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 09:30
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The core element that BASSA cannot and will not swallow is that full operational and management of the crewing situation is now with IFCE and not with them. No more calls to La La Lady to prevent a flight departing, no more commands to take hotel rooms in Ayrshire rather than crew the aircraft and the passengers to home base next day, no more the power and the glory of sticking two fingers up to management just to "keep them in their place".

Actually the place of management is to manage the staff, no one likes it but the buck ought to stop there, not at the whim of a militant and evidently paranoid union. I have a couple of BA flights coming up, I am not too worried about a BASSA ballot, I'm just laughing at their incompetence and intransigence. I grant you BA management have been epically inept in the past but two wrongs don't make a right and Mr Walsh has made great strides in righting a listing ship. BASSA are a cancer that needs removing IMHO, an embarrasment to the trade union movement.