PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Underestimated:The Middle East Carriers
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 20:58
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
capetonian- Coming from a SAFA with the utopian society that exist in SA, I really had to laugh. At least people are not being massacred and raped in the streets of Dubai like they are in Jburg etc. No you are quite right - stay put in SA.
Did I ever say SA was a utopian society? I don't think so but please put me right if I did.

It may be a million miles from being perfect way but it's a damn sight better than Dubai. Yes it has more crime, far more crime than Dubai, but your statement is ridiculous.

On the other hand, the crime in Dubai is different, it's more subtle, it's insidious. But Dubai is built on slave labour and exploitation - does that sound familiar? Double standards? As one of our comedians said, hypocrisy is the Vaseline of political intercourse. Dubai is one of the most hypocritical places on earth.

And why assume that anyone from SA condones what went on there before 1994, or what's going on there now? It's like saying all Germans are Nazis because a few were 60 years ago.