PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorway Corner
Thread: Rotorway Corner
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2002, 12:48
G-SPOT is Back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Rotorway Exec 162F

First of all I hope Im in the right forum, but I'm after some advice from somebody who has some experience on this kit built helicopter.

Situation

I have a frozen ATPL (A) doing some freelance corporate work and instructing. My boss at my proper job (The billpaying one) is totally fascinated by all things jetranger. Having watched the program "A chopper is born" on discovery - im now getting bombarded with questions about this particular machine and would it be suitable for a low time PPL (H) which neither he nor I have at this present time.

He does have a wodge burning a hole in his pocket, we have sterile facility's in which to build the thing and a very large meadow to the rear complete with friendly farmer.

I know previous versions of this helicopter had an alledged widow maker reputation. is this still the case? In terms of technology it seems very advanced compared to my cherokee.

Im just looking for a bit of professional advice on whether the blurb on the website is accurate and its the perfect 2seat sport helicopter (probably not) or a complete pig that you wouldn't be in the same hangar with. Any comments inbetween these two views would also be very helpful.

The intended use of the thing is a bit of pleasure flying combined with the odd x country and in time the odd short range business trip.

Im a rotor heads virgin so be gentle and sorry to intrude if this isn't relevant to this forum also Mr moderator please move this at will if need be