PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots didn't know about evacuation
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2011, 11:18
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In whose opinion?
Her's. Obviously. Which is why she reacted as she did. She made it her call. Again, I am not condoning her actions just trying to see it from her point of view.

Unfortunately, this is one of those occasions where over-reaction has caused unnecessary injuries.
And if she had taken NO action and people had been injured or killed because the situation was worse than it appeared how would you be reacting now? She'd would still be getting a slating from you no doubt.

we are not talking about a Flight 163 scenario
I mentioned that scenario to highlight how quickly situations can get out of hand.

You don't come across as a pilot
I'm not trying to. I am trying to see this from the perspective of the cabin crew. Try it sometime and you might realise why people react the way they do.

If you can't see flames but only limited amount of smoke (hence not so dense you can't see through it), then it's hardly clearly catastrophic and there is time to think
How can you say that with any kind of certainty? How would the cabin crew know? They wouldn't.

What materials burn without smoke? Have you heard of flashover?

It's easy to sit in the comfort of your armchair with full knowledge of what has happened. But try and put yourself in that situation, honestly, and tell me how you would react.

How quickly could it have gone out of control?