View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2011, 20:19
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LM has written to BA CC Unite members

To all Cabin Crew Members at British Airways

Dear colleagues

British Airways Cabin Crew Dispute

You will by now have heard that British Airways has once again chosen the legal route to respond to your massive vote to take industrial action.

Their challenge to our ballot via the Electoral Reform Society carries with it a veiled threat that any action taken by our members would be unprotected, and although we do not accept their assertions we are conscious that we are dealing with an erratic management who are capable of doing anything.

Having consulted with your representatives we are not prepared to put any of you at risk and have therefore decided not to proceed with action based upon this ballot result. As your General Secretary I share your obvious frustrations.

The company of course are hoping that their latest tactic will debilitate your resolve and make you want to
“give up”. They believe they can “break your spirit”. I know differently.

Over the past 18 months I have witnessed your dignity, your determination and your sense of loyalty to each other. It has truly inspired me, and although I am as frustrated as you obviously will be, I am appealing to you not to fall into the company’s trap. Have faith in your values, your representatives and your union.

The company have already been told that we will ballot our cabin Crew once again and this will begin this month.

We have repeatedly told them that it is only through negotiation, not litigation, that a lasting peace can be achieved. Instead of playing games they would be better served in addressing the grievances of their frontline
staff. Contrary to statements they have made there has been no attempt to try to meet with us to resolve outstanding issues. But sooner or later they will get the message that we are not going away, no matter what
they try to throw at you. And sooner or later they will have to account for the damage they are doing to the British Airways brand.

Your continued support for one another over this difficult period has been a tremendous tribute to you all, your pride and overwhelming determination to secure a just and fair settlement to your grievances; you can remain assured of mine.

Yours sincerely
Len McCluskey
General Secretary