PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Pilot kicked 120 pax out of the aircraft at ACE, 05FEB11
Old 8th Feb 2011, 09:16
Tony_SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan Air workers are the equivalent of the call centre operatives who make cold calls that bug our evenings and weekends even though your numbers have been registered with the TPS for decades.

Are they scum or victims when knowingly participating in the excesses of Leary ? Should you be polite to them because it's not their fault or express your views on a scale that quickly goes from polite to 'robust' ?

Are cabin crew endowned with a service culture or proponents of the 'can arrest, must arrest' mentaility that infects the UK plodforce?

When I fly BA and KLM. I find their staff to be professional and competent

When I fly Flybe or Easyjet, I find the staff hounded by a management culture of profiteering and rip off (and I laughed heartily as I recognised everyone of the Flybe staff in ?Come Fly with Me?)

I have flown Ryan Air and it is not an experience I am looking to repeat if there is a good train service.

Next week I fly BA LCY/EDI and it'll be OK. I then fly Flybe EDI/BHX and am already trying to ignore what I know will be an, at best, acceptable experience

Let's not forget that without Leary, flying would still be the preserve of the inbred and self opinionated.

It's my choice and I will smile to myself at the good fortune I have to be a paying passenger with a need to travel.

Let's all remember Ronnie Barker's BAFTA speech. Every line started 'What luck ........................'