PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Inebriated DL Pilot Sentenced to Six Months
Old 6th Feb 2011, 21:13
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have perspective on life, I know that flying is the safest form of transport, that driving is more dangerous and all of the other good stuff, it's about reducing risks for the nth time. I reduce risks as much as possible while driving/gliding. My destiny is to some extent in my own hands. I've never had a flying accident in 20 years of gliding or a driving accident in 38 years of driving/riding motorcycles. That doesn't mean I'm some kind of super pilot/driver but it does mean that I assess risk and take appropriate action. As a passenger and therefore at the whim of someone else's actions I would like them to reduce risk as much as possible as well. Seems reasonable to me.

Anyhow, I'm going to leave it there, one can never put across points very well on an internet forum, there isn't a icon for inflection or wry humour. I just thought it would be good to see a passenger perspective on all of this rather than the microsociety that exists in any profession with it's own customs and language, of which I am guilty of in my line of work as much as anyone else. I shall continue to fly happily as a passenger and I wish you all well and safe landings.

Last edited by thing; 6th Feb 2011 at 21:34.