PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Inebriated DL Pilot Sentenced to Six Months
Old 6th Feb 2011, 12:47
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Semantics. I'm talking as a layman here when talking about the alcohol limits for pilots, I didn't know what they were, I do now, thank you for pointing them out to me. I think that most members of the public would automatically think of the limits for driving a vehicle when talking about limits for pilots, it's just association with the words 'alcohol limits'.

I'm not here to knock pilots as I think you have taken umbrage with my understandable lack of knowledge. I have flown many hours as a passenger with nothing but the highest regard for the crews that have flown me from one side of the world to another. As a sport I fly gliders, which is where my interest in other aspects of aviation comes from but I know very little about the world of professional airline pilots, or any type of professional pilot come to think of it, which is surely why forums like these are useful. I as a passenger can voice my concerns when I read threads like this and you as a professional can say 'Well actually it's not like that.' We all learn, can't see anything wrong in that.