PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 17:58
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Walter,

Don't be so daft! I'm not laughing. The whole thing makes me very sad.
What is also rather sad is when people like yourself keep banging their own particular drum so loud that they can't hear others' ideas.

Yes, I think the AW aspect is very important - there is enough evidence to prove without any doubt that the aircraft was not airworthy and totally immature. I also happen to beleive that the widely differing appreciations of the weather is key and with it, the concept of LL helo ops in such weather (and a few other points of note). I also happen to accept I don't know everything and could be very wrong.

Yes, CPLS was probably fitted to ZD576 (well done) but that doesn't make it a dead cert that the crew were lured to their death doing a demo of the kit (for whose benefit, I'm not sure?). Caz is right, anything like that should made it to the auth sheets (along with a whole host of other reasons why your theory has holes in it).

There are so many facets to this conundrum but I don't stop seeing others' POV just because I happen to believe that the crew and the pax shouldn't have been flying in the Mk2 at all! The ac was in theatre just because some senior numpties ignored the strongest possible objections to it's release to service - who is negligent in this case? Those who advised, those who signed, those who tasked or those who flew?

Many of us here agree that the crew could have porked it up on the day but we certainly don't know 'with absolutely no doubt whatsoever'. What makes you so sure you do?

And what gives you the right to make assumptions about the level of control leading up to the crash, as Baston is absolutely right to point out?

Of course, most of us who are open-minded accept that we don't know what actually happened and what killed them - never will! Which is why why your repeated assertions that you alone know the answer have become irritating beyond. Now, be a good chap and stop that banging, please.

Cordially yours,
flipster

As for history lessons, I would take your own advice.

Last edited by flipster; 4th Feb 2011 at 18:10.