PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 15:37
DesertHawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, housing is not considered part of salary in my opinion. The rest of the allowances are you salary. Lets be perfectly honest, WIFE allowances come on! If my wife spent 41.5 BD a month I would be in heaven!! These allowances have always been there and will be as a way for GF to decrease the indemnity pay outs as you only get paid on your fixed monthly salary.

The bottom line is end of the month expect 2650-2900 as a new joiner FO not including your housing allowance. If that is on a 320 its a good paying job on the EMB it is spectacular.

I can only speak for myself but NAS or any Saudi company would be way down the list as the living condition in KSA are not for me. RJ I have no idea but why are there CAPT's on EMB starting this month for GF?

GF is an interesting place. Dont expect perfection for sure. If you go into it with an open mind and a REALISTIC expectation most will be fine. The pay is as good as anywhere in ME and cockpit environment as good or better then anywhere else. Expect MINIMUM 4 years as an FO. This is a good way to start. I find some guys think they deserve or are entitled to advancement just becasue they are with a company over here. GF follows seniority, from what I have seen.

As far as Gf considering commuting dream on. Just being honest sorry.

Command well, there has been some major hiccups in the last 6 months. With a new fleet and no real operational control or experience I suspect they were being very cautious. This is unfortunate for some but a biproduct of fleet introduction. Everywhere in this region they still have the check mentality IMO, slowly some are realizing that to productively develop people u need to train and encourage. These changes are coming inshallah!!!! Now that I foget what I was actually wanting to say I will sign off, Good luck making your decision. Life is what u make it, And nowhere is that exemplified like good old BAH. An island of infinite(exaggerating) oppourtunity or a glorified jail cell your choice!!!!!