PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 04:11
Tziganul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All right, well the answer is easy NONE! Joke, GFA off course!!!

This is directly from my pay check. It's for 56hrs of flying.
Basic : 2200BD (been here 2 years)
Communication allowance: 13BD
Housing: 650BD (married)
Transport: 40BD
Utilities: 48BD
Wife Allowance: 41.5BD
Block hrs (56) : 338BD
Duty time: 275BD
Unemployment: 22BD
Overtime: 0BD
TOTAL: 3615 BD x 2.65 = 9579 USD or 7239 Euros

If you ask me, it's a great place to work in terms of working environment. Training is really good. There are lots of good instructors here. If you stay out of the politics of things, then you'll have a pleasant and quiet life. If you're like all of us here on this forum then you might get some gray hair from time to time. The things that are not so pleasant:
- communication with its employees, (I can communicate way better with my grandmother!)
- lack of vision (they don't know what they want, even the blind know where they are going),
- failing 90% of the command upgrades (though lately some have miraculously passed! maybe the board of interview had a pleasant night before )
- some of the 3rd floor and 1st floor and the bureaucratic crap that goes on in the pink palace.

There you have it. Hope it helps you choose GFA over EK and EY lol lol lol lol!!!!! You'd be OUT OF YOUR MIND IF YOU DID!!!!!!!

ps. I apologies if I have offended anyone. Of course we do have a vision it's the 2030 vision. That would make me ancient and therefore tooo old to witness it!!!!!! Oh yeah and we do have the 787 who should be here by then ishaalah!!!