PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heavylift Airlines
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 10:25
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd take a punt on that as follows.

Our Airline/Air Nauru used to carry a heck of a lot of freight to Honiara and probably still do. I know they are RPT, but most of the hold and a fair few seats upstairs were traditionally dedicated to freight and there was usually a low pax load when compared to other pacific carriers, although it always went out chockers.

Heavylift also ran freight to Honiara so hence the competition, although Our Airline carried the self loading as well, and even the most dedicated LCC bogan wouldn't have wanted to sit in the back of the HVY (or wouldn't have been allowed to). The ramp nickname for ON used to be the Coles Express, because it carried everything from meat and vegies to ceiling fans and engine parts. The other joke was that one day you'd see them taxiing out with fully loaded roof racks. I'm not having a go at them by any means, but they certainly loaded more freight than the average carrier.

Word round the campfire is that HVY are now sharing the OA AOC? No idea if that's true and would appreciate any better info, if only for the Morbid Curiosity file.

P.S. I can't see the picture either.
P.P.S. where's a smelly ol' AN-12 when you need it? I mizz ze Ukraines...

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 28th Jan 2011 at 10:36.