PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 04:45
Lacho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you spacemantan on your help.

Ant1984 and others,

I had my pilot assessment day on Tuesday and was given some very strong recommendations from both the psych and the defence interviewer, an R2 recommendations in fact.

I was fortunate enough to also be offered a 'backstage' meeting with the commanding squadron leader at the DFRC due to the strong interview recommendations I received.

My advice, I am parroting what others have said before on the thread but just be yourself, prepare well and just let your personality shine, if they wanted monotone robots, they would buy them.

Don’t forget to smile, it goes a long way. In addition to this shake their hand, good morning sir/ma'm, common courtesy goes a long way and shows officer potential maturity.

I have had a very streamlined recruitment process so far compared to some stories heard on this thread, but it is all about creating opportunities for yourself (i.e. attending ADFA if you are an ADFA applicant) and showing motivation to succeed.

Good luck to those vying for a spot on FSP and currently in the recruitment process.

Feel free to PM me if any questions.

Lacho