PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 19:29
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trouble is when you upset your "loyal" customers, as baby have done over the past two years at CWL, they don't stay loyal. A quick example a friend of mine used to use baby twice a month (for the last 5 years !) to get to his place near ALC. Always just stumped up the fare (pretty un-low cost sometimes). Baby dropped the route completely for the winter. Guess what he's found BRS ! Looking forward through the summer he tells me the average baby CWL-ALC fare for his group is more than £100 extra for a return trip (taking all charges and extras into account) than the equivalent days with FR and Easy from BRS. Where in the past he would just have bitten the bullet and paid up the extra his forced winter from BRS has opened his eyes a bit and that extra £100 a time adds up to quite a lot over the year. He's now just going the cheapest way. Loyal customer - lost.

I know and respect JC and he obviously believes that high frequency domestics LON to BHD will make more money for his aircraft than CWL's buckets and spades (didn't for FR but that's another arguement). He may be right but I don't think the baby management have any idea the damage they've done to themselves in the CWL market.