PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 04:16
PAMPA2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every airline always has a "browned nose", that is happy drinking the "cool aid". And because he sees the world through pink glasses, he says "screw the rest, I am happy", it doesn't matter that the facts shows that most pilots including locals, are not happy, living a miserable schedule.
Most locals don't have choices, and they have learned through years of soviet mentality, "do not complaint, or you will loose your job". I guarantee you if you could poll the pilots anonymously, they would vote "many changes, that people with pink-glasses" wouldn't like, because their world is perfect, so they don't care about the rest!.
By the way, I like the way Shake rattle and roll writes, just states his opinions, let people make their mind, also shasliva, nothing but the truth of their experience, knowledge, not insulting, not lowering thenselves to some lower and unprofesional level. Never insult your colleagues, that would show how little an airman you are, how unprofessional.
Just state your opinion, without insulting, just the facts, your truth it's not the only truth. Be professional. (if You can....)

By the way, regarding Almaty, is awesome, great people, I love Kaz, maybe my job is not the best (because of schedule only), but it is a fun city. Astana a litle boring, but very nice and beautiful, too cold in winter (@-30 to -40*C), but good trips from there, mostly international.

It all depends on which equipment, position, and base, not all have it the same!, (locals or expat).I think for now, bottom of the food chain, are expat-airbus Capt. FO's r having a good time I hear, a lot of stby, maybe 30 hour a mo.

Boeing guys, some are happy, some are not. Long trips, with short layover. Airbus guys, mostly back to back trips, ex; out at say 1630 from Hotel, back next day to hotel around 0400, to be picked up the same day at about 1630. due it for 6 days on, 1 off (to do laundry)

All around, schedules suck, but the city rocks (if you have time). Money is low, it is expensive, time off is ok. People are great, mechanics, engineers, cabin crew, really awesome people.

If you don't have a job, or your current job sucks, then, by all means, come here!, if you want rest, time off, sightseeing, relax, enjoy, save money!, forget it, this is not the place.

Wish you all the best.

Last edited by PAMPA2000; 28th Jan 2011 at 06:17. Reason: more info