PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 15:23
bast0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baston is a troll.
AA - I am quite happy to accept your viewpoint as you should be to accept mine.

I repeat what I have always maintained as my "personal" view. I do not know how, once again, to put it any more clearly.

I remember so well sitting on my sofa with my wife when their Lordships came up with the view - post BOI - that "Gross negligence" was their perceived view. I thought then and now that was a totally amazing and very un RAF like response, and totally without any foundation that I could see. Mind you, from where I was sitting not a lot could be seen. (Paperwork and all that).

I know all the stuff about the yachtsman and his view of the aircraft - straight up - and his horizontal view of the Mull - straight along - and the probabable view from the cockpit - slant viz and all that - which to those of us who have been there and done it are all totally different viewpoints, and all equally dangerous.

Suffice it to say that my view is that they made an error - however slight - that led to the impact with the ground.

It has happened before and will certainly happen again - the airworthiness issues in my view are a sideline however reprehensible that some feel that the powers that be were in sorting it out.

I feel dreadful that these super chaps - and I know from PMs that they were just that - died along with the others in this awfull accident - and that I think is what it was.

If you think me a Troll - so be it. I so wish to have the stigma of "Gross" negligence removed from their record and a more benevolent verdict recorded for all their, and the rest of the SH fleets peace of mind.

Yes - I occasionally like to put the pin into the puffed up views of those who pontificate with a view from so far back in the aircraft that - in my view - their opinions are clouded by the cloak of ignorance and lack of experience in the sort of flying involved here.

To all those who feel insulted by my standpoint, I apologise unreservedly, but it is at the end of the day only an opinion so do not shoot the poor old Jungly for having a view.................... based on a modicum of experience.