PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Jan 2011, 08:03
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bettygirl said

However I feel the removal of staff travel as a punishment has only prolonged and made this dispute longer and more nasty
Bettygirl, I don't know how well you know DH, but I can tell you straightthat if ST had been returned in full, he would have seen it as a foot in the door and would then simply move to the next agenda, eg; that all the sacked nd suspended are reinstated. If that was agreed, he would then move to the next agenda etc, until HE and his cronies were back in charge. Remember, the 5 issues that Bassa have put down for a strike this time are according to DH just the starting point ie, these 5 points MUST be FULLY agreed by BA and then and only then will Bassa start talking to BA on everything else. I can tell you that whoever has briefed WW ( I think I know who it may be ) has known what Bassa and particularly DH have been up to for years. They know that if you give DH an inch, you are setting yourself up for a bigger problem in the future. That is the way his mind 'works'

I have to be honest that I was amazed WW gave the strikers anything back on the ST front, but have to say I believe it to be the right decision. Back in full, no way, sorry