PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Jan 2011, 22:54
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Missyminx,
I left the union for the same reasons as you and I thought hard and long too.

I don't personally feel I need a reward for coming to work even though it was stressful and I like many am furious with the way Bassa and Amicus have used the mandate of our community and represented us all so badly.

However I feel the removal of staff travel as a punishment has only prolonged and made this dispute longer and more nasty and this next stage of treating people who signed up to the individual agreement different to all others is yet something else for people to feel hard done by.

It's a real shame that those that do accept these transfers will most likely feel unable to admit to being new to their new fleet, for fear of being labeled a non-striker and singled out on a flight. So unfortunately I feel it is not only the strikers that will be affected.

Anyway I live in hope that it will be sorted soon. After all the London Fire Brigade have finally got an agreement to new shift patterns and it only took them 6 years!!!!