PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest Exits Gatwick
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2011, 08:45
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find interesting is that ASW not too long ago thought that the passenger figures would make LCY work on top of LGW - and that they now think that they cannot make a singe LON route work, particularly a LCY service when giving up LGW. I mean they had some passengers on LCY, and some of those who used to travel on the LGW flights might rather take a LCY flight than a train from Plymouth or BE from NQY. After all, the product would be different than Flybe's LGW flights from NQY so that ASW would not just compete on price. Of course most of the connecting pax would not be interested in a LCY service (although there are some short-haul connections). The performance of both routes must have been really dismal

As for EXT, can one simply get on a train in Plymouth city centre and alight that same train at EXT airport?
No. And when I needed to take the bus from the railway station in central Exeter, I was less than impressed that during certain times of the day busses run like every two hours only.