PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 7th Jan 2011, 15:21
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding Mixed Fleet pay for non-CSMs (i.e. cabin crew), I guess everyone has a slightly different view on what constitutes reasonable take-home pay after all deductions.

Perhaps £1,000 per month is not unreasonable. This is just my personal situation, but being single and renting about 30 minutes' drive from LHR, £1,000 leaves me with almost nothing left to live on after bill payments. I don't class myself as a big spender at all ... I tend to buy my toiletries and clothes from cheap shops in the US as thats all I can afford at the moment. I have no mortgage and I borrow my father's car to get to work (I pay bills on the car as he does not currently use it.)

Hopefully with a promotion to CSM, things will become much better as the payrise is significant and puts me on a much more realistic footing, financially.

However, I was led to believe that Mixed Fleet pay would be set at market rate + 10%. I'm not sure what BA has used as the market rate, or what additional payments or commission thay have included in this calculation, but I'm still not sure that that is what £1,000 represents. I know others at places like easyJet and Thomas Cook that currently take home several hundred pounds more than I do.

Having said that, I only have the month of November to go by, and I'm hopeful that my take-home next month might be better; other than the pay which does worry me, and the rostering I have to say I really enjoy flying on Mixed Fleet.