PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 16:10
Random Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was slightly tongue in cheek but you obviously don't know Glasgow as well as you think.
Tongue in cheek or not, the comment was completely inaccurate so I see no place for it. For some season people love to knock Glasgow and paint some image of the city that its dirty, full of scum and in general a horrible place to be. In reality; that couldnt be further from the truth.

I do allot of travelling, multiple flights per week globally and Glasgow is always one of my favourite places to visit. Luckily for me I end-up there regularly.

As for the picture. Excellent stuff! A passionate football match with fans making allot of noise and an incredible atmosphere. Give me a ticket to an Old Firm game any day of the week over an English Premiership match where you can hear a pin drop.

Thousands of people visit Glasgow every year because of the draw of the big two. Just look at the huge fan bases these clubs have all over the UK, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Eastern Europe (particularly Poland), Canada, the United States, Australia and New Zealand.

Manchester United has a similar fan base and everyone agrees that's great for Manchester. TWO clubs from Glasgow have this and people knock it. Like I said, people just love to unjustifiably put Glasgow down.

The amount of poisonous, sectarian, medievalism is beyond belief. It has little to do with football....I still shudder at some of the c**p I used to put up with.
Indeed but Glasgow is not the only place where this happens. I've heard allot of things at Portsmouth and West Ham matches that I wont repeat on here. But again, that's not Glasgow so we wont bother slagging off London and Portsmouth for that.