PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDM - Strip Display Management Test Advice
Old 4th Jan 2011, 14:29
fidelove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have understood!!

Hello all!!!

I can say I have finnaly understad the SDM test, which has not been so easy
  1. Insert new strips: This task is as easy as inserting each strip on each checkpoint, maintain the descending order, strips with older time up to strips with newer time
  2. Deletion of strips: When a plane goes from MD to BA, there exists two strips, one with estimated time on MD and another with estimated time in BA. When the plane reaches BA checkpoint, strip in MD must be removed. If plane route finishes in BA, strip in BA must be removed too. Be aware the route can include several turns through the same checkpoint, and time intervals must be consider as well.
  3. Local conflicts: These conflicts happens when two planes plan to go through the same checkpoint with a difference of not more than 4 minutes and no more than 30 FL.
    As example checkpoint MD with two strips on local conflict:
    1. IBERIA MD 13:40, 300 FL
    2. AIR FRANCE MD 13:44, 330 FL
  4. Opossite conflicts: These coflicts includes two checkpoints and two strips on each checkpoint. The situation is that two planes are between the same two checkpoints at the same time, and altitude difference on both checkpoint is less or equal to 30 FL. Example of opposite conflict:
    1. IBERIA MD 13:40, 300 FL
    2. IBERIA BA 13:46, 280 FL
    3. AIR FRANCE BA 13:37, 300 FL
    4. AIR FRANCE MD 13:44, 330 FL

If something is not clear ask me, because I think I have full understand this test.

For anyone who have already to this test, how log does it takes, and how many checkpoints there are as maximum?

Regards!!!