PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spare Seats Available / Desired
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 10:24
Gene Cernan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter Rees

Hi Monocock

Greetings from Carmarthen in South Wales! I'm afraid that I am not a young, nubile female student pilot but a 62 year male who has a general interest in aviation. Actually, I am 62 today! I spent 37 years of my life in the RAF as an Aircraft Fitter Weapons. I retired in 2004 with the rank of Warrant Officer. Spent many years on bomb disposal and saw action in Northern Ireland, Falklands, Gulf war 1. I got married for the first time at age 57 to Theresa who is a psychologist.

I obtained my PPL (Hot Air Baloon) in 1987 when attached to the Australian RAF. Did a lot of flying (or is it 'floating') there and took part in the 1988 Australian Bi-centennial across Australia Hot Air Balloon race. I came 43rd out of a field of 88..... quite respectable I suppose. A claim to fame is that I flew in Antarctica! (intentionally I hasten to add.... I didn't get lost!).

Had to give up my PPL in 1998 due to health issues.

I too enjoy good conversation. I am one of the old school I'm afraid.... 'hang em and flog em!' I vote conservative, am a royalist, am passionately British ( I stand for the National Anthem whenever it is played!) and listren to radio 4. I try to model myself on Basil Fawlty so that says it all!

I wouldn.t mind coming along on a trip with you when it suits. Just a 'jolly' really. Hope to hear from you.

Regards

Peter