PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 17:18
ElectroVlasic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And why did EV even bother to join in
Educational purposes, yours and mine both.

I just found it interesting to read that some wrote this thread wasn't about willy-waving, but that's exactly what's going on. You even have official publications telling you whose willy gets waved first, etc.

As for my education, I see a lot of attempts to try to foist this type of social facade upon me and others by many of the ex-pats who've joined my soaring club, and now I know a lot more about where it comes from. Interestingly enough, they still haven't given up the fight, even though their attempts at "civility" hasn't made any impact on the "oinks" that form the vast majority of the club. They just stay on and make the rest of us miserable with all their preening and posturing and attempts to establish a social pecking order. I suppose we could come up with some some club rules to weed them out, but we're not like that here.

Oh, and as ghastly as it sounds, I've been UK soaring clubs and after everything has been put away, I've been served a beer, in a bottle no less, ye gads! I guess oinkism is overtaking the mother country as well. Keep fighting the good fight, chaps! Meanwhile, I'll have a beer when I want a beer, etc.

As to 'ogling' the opposite sex, there is a world of difference between finding a member of the opposite sex attractive/personable and stepping over the line. The phrase; 'you can window shop but not buy' probably sums it up.
"Ogle" has a pretty precise definition (here) and I chose it because it fits the "look but don't touch" maxim, as opposed to "pulling" which does not.

Other folks comments here about having their way with the Col's daughter go a lot, lot further than what I said.

As for your complaint that MM left his wife at home with sick child whilst he went 'on the pull', is unworthy of you and you should retract.
In re-reading things, my intent did go astray. I incorrectly followed your comment about the purpose of the event, which was wrong. I'm sure it wasn't MM's intent for that to happen, I just found it curious after all the discussion of the protocols and the niceties, one outcome of the event (and the one attracting the most attention here) was in essence what I described.