PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improving the industry
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 17:06
CraigyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
standing around smoking (ignoring the fact they were also pretty close to an aircraft) was when I fully appreciated that aviation today is a career for naïve numb-nuts. Add into the mix their Rolexes and BMW's (what kind of life skills are these parents instilling in their children??) and I became more and more convinced I'd made the right choice keeping it as a hobby.

The difference between the "cool-dudes" going into aviation today and the "astute professionals" in proper careers is quite profound.
Im not an intergrated student but, I don't smoke, my car is a £1000 Mk1 Ford Capri that I saved up for myself and my watch is a 1980s Raketa made in the USSR brought for all of £30 off E-bay.

Im fully aware of the current situation. Since leaving school I have worked in aviation and currently work for an airline. I have served in the British Army, been made redundant from a light aircraft engineering company and now live with crap T&C's as cabin crew for a well know LCC. I am also now in training to be a Police Special Constable (the back up career option). I may be young but I think I have 'life experience'.

Do you not think you are stereotyping just a little?

Could you also define what a 'proper career' is?