PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing in 'safety cover-up' - Documentary on Al Jazeera
Old 20th Dec 2010, 13:07
John Boeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how many people have watched the video.

I hadn't when I last posted. I was just going by what I knew of "The last Inspector".

I might be wrong but I think that many of us (the majority?) in the West assume that Al Jazeera must be something akin to the media arm of Al Qaeda. So there is a reluctance to even look at anything produced by them because it obviously will be anti-Western propaganda won’t it?

The title of the thread does not cover it. It should say Boeing, FAA, US government safety cover-up. Maybe the worst thing that has happened here is the way the agency that was supposed to protect whistleblowers appears to have done the opposite.

411A, all the people exposing the incredible, outrageous, (in the truest sense of those words) practices that have been going on at Boeing, are true blue, apple pie Americans - just like you!.

These are people that worked close to the heart of the 737 operation, joined by senior ex (and current?) FAA people.

They are the ones saying that the whole thing is rotten from the bottom to the top – not Al Jazeera.

As has been said, the fact is that it is just too big and too bad a problem to be dealt with. Isn’t it true that if a lie is repeated often enough, especially by the big guns, then it will eventually be taken for the truth? Deny there is a problem for long enough and hopefully it will go away.

Just watch the video. (The link is on post No.3)
Judge for yourself. As others have also said - you can ignore everything being reported about the previous crashes and the way the aircraft broke up - it is just as probable that they are not linked in any way to what is being exposed - but that is not what this is about!

It goes without saying that we all hope nothing catastrophic or even remotely as bad as the Aloha 737 accident ever happens to one of these 737s but again, that's not the point. What Boeing has allowed to happen in the production of these aircraft , is I believe (hope?), unprecedented and just totally un-American.

On the other hand, if you want to continue to live in a make-believe world where you think that your government (where ever you live) will always look after the interests of the electorate, don’t watch it.

“There are none so blind as those who will not see.”