PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 06:33
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to get my head around this.

So because people accepted jobs at VB and Jetstar, we (all pilots) should forever stand back and let various managements do whatever they please. Is this correct?

Everybody should stay on a Metro/Saab/Braz so it will one day pay off? Each to their own but I could easily pour over many regional eba's and state that they are infact the ultimate in peasant conditions: 8 days off/split duties/motel rooms/6 sector days/casual rosters/firm rosters that change everyday.

I think there needs to be a distinction between a reasonable offer here. For example J* NZ is not reasonable. Its pretty clear that this would be a step backwards from most regional jobs. Hence even when I was desperate to leave a crap job I just deleted the recruitment email.

I've got a good job earn good money and am comfortable. Should I just not give a **** that someone has been sacked for speaking out about a safety concern? Perhaps.

Word on the street is that the sacking has had the desired effect and the Jetstar guys are keeping their mouths shut and heads down. Congrats management. It worked...IF it doesn't gain traction at the Senate Enquiry.

If not all you can hope for is Karma...

Last edited by Mr. Hat; 12th Dec 2010 at 07:56.