PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fifa World Cup Qatar 2022
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 11:00
Uncle Wiggily

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps we are assuming that people will flock to Doha to see the World Cup. I predict this will be the least attended World Cup in history. Who cares if they have a super air conditioned stadium on yet another man-made island in the region(btw...isn't the man-made island phase over yet?).

Why would you spend money to a crap destination when you can watch it from the comfort of your home on a nice flat-screen?

I like how Qatar said they will dismantle the stadiums and wrap them up with a nice little bow and deliver them to under developed nations. These are the same people who beat their housekeepers and pay the locals 2 Euros a day to labour in 50C heat. Why on earth would they want to incur an extra expense of dismantling a stadium and shipping it to a place like Sierra Leone? Oh, that's just what Sierra Leone needs is a friggin' football pitch, forget about clean running water, basic electricity and that stuff called food. Trust me, they will not follow through on their humanitarian pledge of donating their stadiums. C'mon...seriously. Obviously, FIFA has no idea what the word "contract" means in the Arab psyche. This will be ugly.