PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News from Mother Russia
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 11:04
9Aplus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On Mi 34 C1 subject

It was Mi-34C (not Mi-34C1) which was manufactured in 2000-2002. Since that time we worked with owners of Mi-34C and customers of other light helicopters.

The feedback allowed us to design a new helicopter - Mi-34C1. So now it is with electro-starter, new rotor hub, space luggage place, new interiors (designed by AeroTaxi company experienced in works in Russia and abroad for even countries' leaders) and many other improvements.

I fly both R-44 and Mi-34C and can insure that Mi-34C1 will be a new helicopter on the market. And in CIS Mi-34C1 will be sufficiently cheaper than R-44, the closer competitor.

Since we launch a new helicopter it is reasonable to analyze order backlog after the official presentation with demonstration flights. It will take place at MAKS (Moscow, Aug 2011). Serial manufacturing starts in 2012. We are organizing an impressive event at MAKS and the quantity of orders will be announced officially there. Now I can only say that surprising to me personally we have orders not only from Russia and CIS but from Europe also. And 2012 is fully booked.
As for distributors, we will use "Russian Helicopters" already established worldwide network and add private companies working with piston helicopters. We'd like our partners to distribute/maintenance and do all aftermarket works at one company.
The task is to cover the world with distributor/maintenance centers not less convenient than Robinson do for it's customers.
I will be glad to answer additional questions.
In December I'll try to provide some technical details and some parts of commercial offer to be more precise.
Turbine version is called Mi-34C2. It will be the next step in our market expansion. Frankly, we have several scenarios of further activity and will come back to consideration on obtaining feedback from launching Mi-34C1.

What are the main parameters for you while you chose the 4-seater helicopter to buy?

Please, share your minds and ask questions about Mi-34C1.
Mi-34C1 is to be used for pilot schools, corporate and private transportation, all types of monitoring and sport.....