PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett and the Fokker Friendship
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2010, 19:08
john_tullamarine

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
but it differs considerably from JT’s version!

Guess we're all getting a tad older and it was a long time ago .. certainly, I don't warrant that my recollection on the matter would stand up to rigorous scrutiny in minute detail.

However a couple of your comments don't sit well with my enfeebled memory ... and much of the minutiae is not worth dredging up.

(a) He was still an FO when the 1989 dispute erupted.

I was on a different Type at the time so the memory might not be in order. However, I recall his going off on his command line check (having come in on that aircraft paxing ?) and don't recall his not having been successful - that, certainly, would have been a good time prior to the dispute.

(b) but while there was the odd misdemeanor on “Track Trips”, there was nothing approaching just how dangerous and stupid this one was.

Appears that you were much closer to the history than I was at the time. Certainly, I can recall some rather silly antics on the Mouse when I was too young and inexperienced to put my views as forcefully as I would do later on with a few more hours under the belt.

Not trying to minimise the inappropriateness of the event - it was quite silly in the overall scheme of things. The chap concerned, I have no doubt, would agree with that given the wisdom of years and the immediate consequences at the time.

We all have skeletons hidden in back of the closet and we all, hopefully, learn by our own mistakes and those of others as we pass along the career road ..