PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Jackwagon
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 11:58
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VforVendetta

Thirty-five years ago, controllers were far more deferential and, not to mention, even polite. They made no bones about the fact that they were there to make a pilot's job easier. This attitude was reciprocated, and the tone and language on the frequency was calm and respectful.

But then over the past thirty-five years something happened. Today controllers feel it's OK to demand that pilots yank and bank a 747, like it had the inertia of a kingair, to make their job easier. Controllers now feel comfortable berating and insulting pilots. Their arrogance has become astounding! SFO ATC had the temerity to lecture our Manager Line Ops when he questioned the high number of RA's our flights have been getting in SFO.

V are you kidding me? You think that's something for you to be proud of? You hold this system up as some kind of gold standard and disparage Brits, Ausies, and Canadians for questioning this. The jackwagon that inspired this thread may indeed have been a d#$khead, but that's no justification for you to go on a shooting rampage. Shame on you.

I am a Canadian, BTW, and I hold three ATPL's...one of which is American. I have been flying in the US for all of my 35 years as a pilot, so please don't lecture me on US TERPS, the AIM, or the AIP. Your forefather's would not have put up with the current system in the States. Not for one second! Maybe you need to ask yourself why you feel that you must.

I obviously take issue with your comments. The American system is strained to the bursting point and, although many controllers remain ladies and gentleman, many of the controllers have become boors.

I don't need to be made to feel as if I've just had a full body pat down every time I fly into SFO, LAX, or JFK.