PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2010, 03:39
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mm43
Unfortunately, the third guy realized the aircraft had entered Direct Law, but I perceive that his announcement, "We are in manual", may have been the wrong words to use in the multi-lingual cockpit.
I would see it differently : For him, the test was proceeding normally, the trim stopped as it was supposed to but he didn't know it was actually for another reason, then, some 20 seconds later, he demonstrated some impatience : "stick forward ... alpha floor we're in manual" possibly thinking the pilot was not applying the requested steps to exit alpha floor.
With a fully visible control column, it would have been obvious to all that the PF was already pushing on it ...
He did not mention the trim either, it would have been a wonderful call "trim, trim it forward" or "manual trim" ... is it a indication he didn't see the PFD message ... ?

Originally Posted by NOD
I flew 2 legs in an A319 today, and not sure how differently I would have flown or acted had I been made aware that 1 or more AoA probes were frozen. They are not really used, although they are visible, in normal line ops - they are there for safety "features".
Maybe you would respond to a GPWS warning the 737’s way … and not put your trust and life in the hands of a sick system.

AoA data are not visible on the PFDs.