PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 20:06
flyingswiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think even right now things are a lot better in RS then in the rest of Brazil.

@Junker did you flew for Rio Sul?

Well most FAA rides are easy if you get proper training, this is what the FAA is all about, quality standardized training, no instructor will sign you up if you don`t meet the PTS standards, if you meet them it will be really hard to fail a ck ride.

The training in the US is safety focused, while in Brazil is all about stick and rudder and how nice you can land the plane, all starts with the attitude of most pilots, you can go to any Aeroclube and their students will tell you about formation flights they did or how low they flew on top of a road, TOP GUN mindset (just look at most accident reports down here, most of them are CFIT!!)....most maneuvers are not practiced because they just don`t see the benefits behind them, I know most are boring but on the long run the transfer of knowledge will make you a safer pilot. I don`t care if one of my students makes a smooth landing when then he does not put wind correction in the ailerons on the roll, it`s all this little things that add up and make the training being poor.

How do ANAC and the Aeroclubes keep the Sky safe? by putting limitations on IFR operations, night flights and practice of emergencies...what they don`t get is this makes pilots even less safe, because they won`t develop skills that will grow their ADM.

Last edited by flyingswiss; 18th Nov 2010 at 20:21.