PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DLR
Thread: DLR
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2010, 22:57
sirdeluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raven, mc fly, i agree with both of you that the MIC is not a simulator, a real airplane won't do those funny things. well, maybe a C152 does if you are stupid enough to fly it straight into a CB, who knows? but, as mc fly mentions, it stands for "Monitoring and Instrument Coordination", and in my opinion this is exactly what constitutes ifr flying, as well as performing other tasks simultaneously.

i have to say that i also used skytest. i did the MIC twice, first attempt with 78 %, second with 90 %. i don't want to show off here, i'm just trying to explain that it worked for me that way. i also trained mental arithmetic with skytest, for everything else i used the DLR software. maybe i chose the wrong words in my earlier posting. i still think that buying skytest was a waste of money, for me. there are other ways to practise your scanning technique. it may be a wise investment for someone else. assess your strong points and your weaknesses and decide. and yes, i think the price is reasonable.