PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 14th Nov 2010, 19:25
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPN11

Sorry, I don't know how to "quote" on here or any such technical thing yet... Or maybe I am not allowed to do that yet...

But, the quote that you quoted (if you get me..!) about the BUD flight and motivated crew etc...

I have just finished a 3 day 8 sector trip, 4 of us on the crew. Purser, No.3 and myself No.2, all non strikers. The other crew member did, but regrets it now. I can honestly say, that having established our common position on the BASSA saga, it felt just as described. We were happy, cheerful, there was laughter and joking in the cabin, double drinks and chat with the passengers. No mechanical motion through going. At the end of the 8th sector, it was as if we had known each other for years and been working together for months... All the passengers got off smiling and happy, even with wind delays and the synonymous Heathrow wheelchair problems.

I hope that is what it will be like in the future and things can get back to giving passengers and enjoyable as possible journey. Passengers get off the aircraft happy, I am happy. I feel I have done a good days work when that happens.

I am glad that some do recognize that we are not all like the BASSA Massive and don't all have yellow pens stuck in our shirts etc...

Very best to you all...